Orange County is seeking input from residents regarding transportation policy, priorities and direction. Originally launched in 2019, Mayor Demings proposed a Transportation Initiative to add a penny sales tax to fund transportation issues in Orange County. This initiative has now been re-launched, with the goal to put the proposed sales tax increase on the November 2022 ballot. The pay would be paid by everyone in Orange County, with visitors and tourists paying approximately 51% of the funds the tax would generate.
Horizon West continues to experience transportation issues from rapid development in the area, causing road segments to fail, lack of roadway capacity, and difficulties obtaining traffic signals due to their cost. Many of the road expansions that have occurred in Horizon West are funded by developers, not Orange County.
Questions on the survey include:
- How do you get to work, school, appointments, etc.?
- How long is your commute to work?
- What are your current transportation challenges?
- What do you believe are the top priorities for improving transportation in Orange County?
- How often do you use the LYNX Bus Service?
- If you currently use or would like to use LYNX Bus Service, which of the following would be important to you?
- How often do you use the SunRail System, on average?
- If you currently use or would like to use the SunRail System, which of the following would be important to you?
- If available, would you use a local shuttle that circulates in your community?
- What is your level of satisfaction with the current transportation system?
- Please provide any additional comments or feedback.
Want more information on what's being developed? Visit our Horizon West Interactive Development Map to see what's being built!
Have questions about what's being built in Horizon West? Ask us in our Horizon West Development Discussion Group!
Copyright © Horizon West Solutions LLC. All Rights Reserved. HorizonWestInfo.com may be compensated or receive a commission for products or services purchased through links on our website.