Recycling is an important responsibility for residents in Horizon West. Orange County provides curbside pick-up for all homes throughout the county, but it’s important to understand what can and can’t be recycled. Items that can’t be recycled but are placed in the blue recycling cart can do more harm than good, as these items would have to be transported a second time to the landfill or could contaminant an entire batch of recycled products.
According to Orange County, the following items can be recycled:((Orange County Residential Curbside Collection Program))
- Newspapers and advertisements
- Pasteboard (cereal and shoe boxes, and empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls)
- Paper bags
- Phone books
- Flattened corrugated cardboard boxes
- Magazines and catalogs
- Junk mail
- Office, writing, and note paper
- Metal cans (tin, aluminum, and steel)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Juice and milk cartons
- Empty aerosol cans
- Plastic bottles and containers labeled #1 – #5
It’s important to remember that pizza boxes cannot be recycled, as the pizza contaminants the cardboard which makes it impossible to recycle.
If you receive a public hearing notice or zoning change request in the mail, please share it in the Horizon West Development Discussion Group.