Six schools in Horizon West are facing Crossing Guard shortages going into the upcoming school year. There are a total of 11 positions that still need to be filled in Horizon West, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. OCSO continues to hire for additional guards, and anyone interested should visit www.ocso.com/jobs for more information.
The schools impacted are:
- Hamlin Elementary
- Hamlin Middle
- Panther Lake Elementary
- Horizon West Middle
- Water Spring Elementary
- Water Spring Middle School
Crossing Guards typically work for 2 hours per day, 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, for the duration of the 180 day school year. For the upcoming school year, Crossing Guards are paid $16.16 an hour.
Requirements to become a Crossing Guard include:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or registered alien.
- High school diploma or possess a state equivalency diploma is recommended but not mandatory.
- Not have been convicted of a felony. Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statements, perjury or domestic violence.
- Must not have received a dishonorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces.
- Be sufficiently agile to move swiftly to avoid danger.
- Be able to communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Must successfully pass an agility test and be able to pass annually.
- Must pass an occupational health medical exam on an annual basis.
- Able to successfully complete a state certification course with a passing score of 75% or higher and re-certify annually.
- Must be able to handle working with children and work in a high vehicle traffic environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Anyone interested in becoming a Crossing Guard to serve this vital role in the community should apply at www.ocso.com/jobs.
Want more information on what's being developed? Visit our Horizon West Interactive Development Map to see what's being built!
Have questions about what's being built in Horizon West? Ask us in our Horizon West Development Discussion Group!
Copyright © Horizon West Solutions LLC. All Rights Reserved. HorizonWestInfo.com may be compensated or receive a commission for products or services purchased through links on our website.