With a high percentage of rain over Memorial Day Weekend, let’s take a look at some local indoor activities to keep the family busy over the weekend.
- Renniger’s Antique Center – Located in Mount Dora, about 45 minutes from Horizon West, Renniger’s has two large buildings featuring a variety of antique and flea market vendors.
- Crayola Factory – If you have young children, Crayola Factory can be enjoyable; however, it will probably be extremely busy over Memorial Day Weekend.
- Dave & Busters – If you have older children who may want some more action, Dave & Busters will provide hours of fun by combining a meal with their large arcade.
- Escape Rooms – These activities have popped up all around the tourist areas and are very fun in medium sized groups. Although it may only last an hour, Escape Rooms are a great activity to do while it’s raining.
- Create Your Hurricane Plan – With Subtropical Storm Alberto creating heavy rain across much of Florida, now is the perfect time to get your hurricane plan and kit prepared. Check out our Horizon West Hurricane Preparation Guide for full details.
Get Your Horizon West T-Shirt!
If you receive a public hearing notice or zoning change request in the mail, please share it in the Horizon West Development Discussion Group.