Back-to-school season is just around the corner, and for Florida residents, there’s a reason to celebrate. The 2023-2024 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday is here! Running through August 6th, and again from January 1st to January 14th, 2024, savvy shoppers can enjoy significant savings on qualifying back-to-school supplies.
During the sales tax holiday, a wide range of school-related items will be exempt from state and local sales taxes. These items typically include school supplies like pens, pencils, notebooks, folders, and backpacks, along with clothing and footwear. So, whether your little ones need new sneakers for the school gym or you’re in the market for affordable stationery, this is the perfect time to shop. Amazon Prime Members can enjoy an additional 20% off $50 on school supplies and essentials with eligible items.
Here’s the list of tax-free items:
- Personal computers having a sales price of $1,500 or less per item:
- Electronic book readers
- Tower computers
- Personal computer-related accessories having a sales price of $1,500 or less per item:
- Personal digital assistants
- Other peripheral devices
- Nonrecreational software, regardless of whether the accessories are used in association with a personal computer base unit
- Clothing having a sales price of $100 or less per item:
- Any article of wearing apparel intended to be worn on or about the human body, excluding watches, watchbands, jewelry, umbrellas, and handkerchiefs
- All footwear, excluding skis, swim fins, roller blades, and skates
- Wallets or bags having a sales price of $100 or less per item:
- Fanny packs
- Diaper bags
- School supplies having a sales price of $50 or less per item:
- Notebook filler paper
- Legal pads
- Lunch boxes
- Construction paper
- Poster board
- Composition books
- Poster paper
- Cellophane tape
- Glue or paste
- Computer disks
- Staples used to secure paper products
- Learning aids and jigsaw puzzles having a sales price of $30 or less:
- Flashcards or other learning cards
- Matching or other memory games
- Puzzle books and search-and-find books
- Interactive or electronic books and toys intended to teach reading or math skills
- Stacking or nesting blocks or sets
Exclusions may apply to some items. For full details and restrictions, visit floridarevenue.com.
Want more information on what's being developed? Visit our Horizon West Interactive Development Map to see what's being built!
Have questions about what's being built in Horizon West? Ask us in our Horizon West Development Discussion Group!
Copyright © Horizon West Solutions LLC. All Rights Reserved. HorizonWestInfo.com may be compensated or receive a commission for products or services purchased through links on our website.