Early voting is now open daily for the upcoming genera election on November 8. The midterm includes the election for Governor and Senator, along with several important local referendums for Orange County.
Orange County voters will decide on a 1% sales tax increase to fund additional transportation initiatives. District 1 Commissioner Nicole Wilson opposes the tax due to the lack of improvements in District 1 and concern over future tax breaks being given to developers. Between 2012 and 2022, developers were given a 70% discount on transportation impact fees.
Voters will also decide on a 1-year rent control ordinance in Orange County. This measure would tie the maximize rent increase to the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Many renters in Orange County have faced rent increases up to 40%The current CPI is at 8.2%.
Early Voting Locations in & around Horizon West:
Early voting is available daily through November 6 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Orange County National Golf Center
16301 Phil Ritson Way
Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Tibet-Butler Preserve
8777 County Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836
- Winter Garden Library
805 E. Plant Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Sample ballots are available at ocfelections.gov.
- United States Senator
- Marco Rubio
- Val Demings
- Dennis Misigoy
- Steven B. Grant
- Tuan TQ Nguyen
- Representative in Congress
- Daniel Webster
- Shante Munns
- Kevin Porter
- Governor / Lieutenant Governor
- Ron DeSantis & Jeanette Nunez
- Charlie Crist & Karla Hernandez
- Hector Roos & Jerry Roabaugh
- Carmen Jackie Gimenez & Kyle Gibson
- Attorney General
- Ashley Moody
- Aramis Ayala
- Chief Financial Officer
- Jimmy Patronis
- Adam Hattersley
- Commissioner of Agriculture
- Wilton Simpson
- Naomi Esther Blemur
- State Senator District 13
- Dennis Baxley
- Stephanie Dukes
- State Representative District 45
- Carolina Amesty
- Allie Braswell
- Shall Justice Charles T. Canady of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Shall Justice John D. Couriel of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Shall Justice Jamie Grosshans of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Shall Justice Jorge Labarga of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Shall Justice Ricky Polston of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Shall Judge Jay Cohen of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Shall Judge James A. Edwards of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Shall Judge Brian D. Lambert of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Shall Judge Mary Nardella of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Shall Judge Dan Traver of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Shall Judge Carrie Ann Wozniak of the Fifth District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
- Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor Group 4
- Karolyn Campbell
- Vicente Rafael Perez
- No. 1 Constitutional Amendment: Limitation on the Assessment of Real Property Used for Residential Purposes
- No. 2 Constitutional Amendment: Abolishing the Constitution Revision Commission
- No. 3 Constitutional Amendment: Additional Homestead Property Tax Exemption for Specified Critical Public Services Workforce
- Transportation System Surtax: Charter County and Regional Transportation System Surtax
- Rent Stabilization Ordinance: Rent Stabilization Ordinance to Limit Rent Increase for Certain Residential Rental Units
The elections for Orange County Mayor and School Board Chair were won during the primary, as both Jerry Demings and Theresa Jacobs secured more than 50% of the vote, clinching their victory.
Additional election information is available at ocfelections.gov.
Join our group and let your voice be heard!
Horizon West Development Discussion Group
Copyright © Horizon West Solutions LLC. All Rights Reserved.