The Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday on hurricane supplies and disaster preparedness items will occur from August 26 – September 8, 2023. The Tax Holiday marks the beginning of peak Hurricane Season, with most storms historically impacting Florida in September and October.
Sales tax is waived from purchases of the below items from all retailers in Florida, which includes online sales. Many items on the list are not exclusive to disaster preparedness, such as batteries, making this the ideal time to stock up on everyday supplies.
Does Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday Apply On Amazon?
Yes, Amazon participates in Florida’s annual disaster preparedness sales-tax holiday. All eligible items will be tax-free on Amazon.
$3,000 or less:
- Portable generators used to provide light or communications or to preserve food in the event of a power outage
$100 or less:
- Ground anchor systems
- Portable pet kennels
- Dog or cat food weighing 50lbs or less
- Over the counter pet medications
$70 or less:
- Smoke detectors or smoke alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Carbon monoxide detectors
$60 or less:
$50 or less:
- Radios (powered by battery, solar, or hand-crank)
- Any gas or diesel fuel container
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries, listed sizes only:
$40 or less:
$30 or less:
- Laundry detergent and supplies: powder, liquid, or pod detergent; fabric softener; dryer sheets; stain removers; bleach
- Toilet paper, paper towels, paper napkins and tissues, facial tissues
- Hand soap, bar soap, and body wash, sunscreen and sunblock
- Dish soap and detergents, including powder, liquid, or pod detergents or rinse agents that can be used in dishwashers
- Cleaning or disinfecting wipes and sprays, hand sanitizer
- Trash bags
$25 or less:
- Cat litter weighing 25 or fewer pounds
$20 or less:
- Reusable ice packs
- Pet leashes, collars, and muzzles
- Pet pads
$15 or less:
- Manual can openers
- Travel sized pet food or water bowls
- Cat litter pans
- Pet waste disposal bags
- Hamster or rabbit substrate
$2 or less:
- Dog or cat food if sold individually or the equivalent if sold in a box or case
For more information, visit floridarevenue.com.
horizonwestinfo.com may receive a commission for any products bought through an affiliate link.
Want more information on what's being developed? Visit our Horizon West Interactive Development Map to see what's being built!
Have questions about what's being built in Horizon West? Ask us in our Horizon West Development Discussion Group!
Copyright © Horizon West Solutions LLC. All Rights Reserved. HorizonWestInfo.com may be compensated or receive a commission for products or services purchased through links on our website.